After a hot bath or shower, most of us love to wrap ourselves in the coziness of the bath towels right? The luxurious towels help to dry our bodies perfectly.
But how many of us know there is an alternate for the bath towels named bath sheets? Or without knowing the difference many use the names interchangeably.
We can assist you in identifying the difference between the two and how to choose the best for your household.
What is a Bath Sheet?
We identify the sheets which normally have more surface area than the bath towels to make the drying off process easy as bath sheets. Their specialities are,
- More absorbent than bath towels with a larger area.
- You can twist them around the body if you wish more coverage
- For the making of most of the bath towels, they use cotton material and hence they are superabsorbents
- The towels are available in microfiber and bamboos too.
- The sheets are available in varying dimensions which are usually on the bigger side:
The bath sheet dimensions are:
27 inches by 52 inches in smaller dimension and 40 inches by 70 inches in largest dimensions
What is a Bath Towel?
The most prevalently used drying options after a normal bath are bath towels.
- The size is normally less than a typical bath sheet but the kids and adults can use them alike. The typical towel dimensions are 30 inches by 56 inch
- Their water-absorbing capabilities are commendable and are highly useful for hair drying and quick body drying off practices
- As the towels are compact, the storage requirements are less. You can dry them up on the regular drying racks or try out some special maintenance tips.
Bath Sheet vs. Bath Towels
The bath towel VS bath sheet is not something we need to fight for. A comparative analysis of bath sheets and bath towels will be essential at this point.
Reasons why you should buy:
A Bath Towel
- They are cheaper than the bath sheets
- They are very flexible and can twist around your hair and dry off easily.
- Easy accommodation of the towels on drying racks and towel bars
A Bath Sheet
- They are more absorbent and bigger than the bath towels.
- They are of higher quality and will be expensive than the towel
- The towels are best suited to wrap around your body but due to bigger dimension not fit for your hair
- You can hang the sheets from any hook as they might not fit into your towel bar due to their size.
The fuss about the bath towel vs. bath sheet is not a new spat. Though bath towels and sheets have the common function of drying our body after a swim or bath, now we know the difference between them. They are made of similar materials and more or less have the same functionalities. But in terms of size, they are entirely different. So according to your utility, keep any of them with you.
About the Author
Loves coffee and animals. Is an extreme admirer of gardens and nature. When not bird watching, Rose prefers to blog and write about home improvements and wellness.