I know many friends who always cover their feet fully just to escape from the embarrassment of cracked heels. But you can’t bear the pain due to the heel cracks and sometimes it may bleed. So here are some effective home remedies from the collection of experts.
The cracks are mainly occurring due to the thickening and hardening of the skin on the heels. The fissures will eventually start appearing on the dry skin. So softening the underlying skin will be the basic solution. And here are the ways to do that.
1. Glycerin Foot Mask
- You can make an effective foot mask by mixing 1 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and glycerin into a tub full of warm water. Now soak your feet in this water for about 10-15 minutes. Using the foot-scrubber you can scrub off the thick skin from the heels.
- Otherwise, just make a foot mask with equal proportions of glycerin and rosewater. Apply it on the cracks and leave it overnight. Remove the mask with luke-warm water.
2. Banana and Avocado Foot Mask
The unique wound healing property of the avocado can play a significant role in crack treatment. The vitamins A, E and omega fatty acids are the wound healing components in avocado. At the same time, the moisturizing property of the banana will soften the tissues at the heel part.
- Blend 1 Ripe banana with half avocado and make a creamy paste. After keeping this mask on the heel for 20 minutes, you can wash it off with lukewarm water. The daily application of this mask will have visible results on your cracks.
3. Honey – Rice Floor Foot Mask
The rice floor can do wonders in skin smoothening. It will exfoliate and disinfect the skin. At the same time, the anti-inflammatory properties of honey will treat the cracked heels by deeply revitalizing the skin.
- The mask made of 1 tablespoon of honey and 2/3 tablespoon of rice flour will be a quick remedy for the heel fissures.
4. Vinegar –Mouthwash Mixture
You may be wondering how a mouthwash plays the role of a crack healer. The mouthwashes can help you to get rid of the grunge and callousness on the heels. The ingredients like menthol and thymol fight against bacteria. At the same time, the diluted acetic acid in the vinegar is an anti-fungal agent. So the incredible combination of these two will be the best crack treating formula.
- Mix vinegar and mouthwash in equal proportions and apply it to the feet. After applying, you can wear socks overnight. it helps in removing fungus from the feet.
5. Aloe Vera
The Aloe Vera gels are multifunctional. It finds a way to treat the dryness in any part of the body with the rich moisture content in it. The basic solution for heel cracks is making the tissues over there soft and smooth by providing enough hydration.
- Soak your feet in lukewarm water for 10 minutes and clean the dry tissues out there by filing. Then pat dry that section. Apply the Aloe Vera gel liberally on the feet and leave it overnight.
Before getting the heel cracks severe, try out any of the above tips at your home. And if the situation is getting worse, do visit your doctor.
About the Author
Loves coffee and animals. Is an extreme admirer of gardens and nature. When not bird watching, Rose prefers to blog and write about home improvements and wellness.